
Last night when I was laying with Emma she said, "Momma, if Martin Luther King was alive, I think he would be proud of Barack Obama." Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. From her little 7 year old world, she is actually soaking in some of this momentous occasion in our history. I know she doesn't grasp all of it, but she sees the excitement and hope of our country, and is following along enthusiastically. She's intrigued with Sasha and Malia Obama, and wants to know more about them. Yesterday she kept saying she wished she was there, watching with everyone else, and that she wants to go and tour the White House. Hmm...maybe a trip to Washington D.C. is in our future in the next 4 years??? Those of you who know me well know that I could usually care less about politics, but I am so moved and touched by what I've witnessed yesterday. I truly believe that this is a new beginning for our country and our world. I see promise and hope for our girls to grow up in a positive era, where we can all make a difference in this world. I am so excited, and proud of the man our President is! He was amazing yesterday, and already breaking the "norm" rules to do things in his own, and better, way!





No comments:
Post a Comment