Friday, February 23, 2007

We're Here!!!




What a great day we've had. It's been a whirlwind, starting with leaving home at 5:00 this morning. (Thanks, Michele!) The girls were wonderful, and incredibly patient. We couldn't have asked more of them while traveling to get here. We spent most of the day today at Sea World! This has been a dream come true for me, and quite an emotional day. To some it may sound silly, but for those of you who knew me way back when, you know that I used to want to be a Marine Biologist. Once I discovered that the ocean was so vast and scary, I decided I wanted to work with whales and dolphins, in CA or Hawaii instead, at a place a little smaller than the ocean, like Sea World! ;) Today we witnessed for the first time bottle nosed dolphins in real life! The look on Emma's face was absolutely priceless when she first saw them. They have been her favorite animal for well over a year now. We had some amazing encounters with dolphins, even getting to touch them! I didn't expect to be able to do this. All Sara wanted to do was touch the little dead frozen fish we were feeding to the dolphins! She was brave enough to throw them into their mouths! While watching the dolphin show and the Shamu show, I got teary eyed sooo many times! How I would love to have the job of being a trainer. They have such an amazing bond with those animals. The best part was when the trainer hugged the whale! What a feeling that must be! Enough for now, I need to go to bed!

No comments: