

Since the girls had so little sleep last night, we decided to have a "take it easy" day for the kids to get regrouped and rested, but still have fun! We started the day with them running through the sprinkler and gardening! They loved that! After a great visit with Great Grandma Gail and Great Grandpa Bob, we decided to go to the Estrella Mountains. There's a lookout area to see the valley below, beautiful scenery all the way there, and a great little waterfall and river area for the kids to play in!


We wanted to give the girls a glimpse of what the Arizona landscape and plants really looked like, and we saw lizards and even a rattle snake! Scott decided to take a better look as we all scrambled away. He decided that it was dead, even though it didn't look like it! The place was really neat.

On the way home Dad took us to drive by PIR (Phoenix International Raceway). The place was huge. We stopped at the store once we got back to town. Sara had been complaining of a stomach ache, so we told them to quit messing around in the backseat. She was getting carsick. At the store, I went to get her out and she puked all over my shoulder and the car parked next to us. YUCK! ;) I told Jeannie to take Em into the store and just get the stuff she needed while Sara and I waited in the parking lot. I then realized that was not such a good choice, since I was left with it all over me, my shirt, pants and feet! Sara had good aim, and didn't get any on her! Luckily Sara had an extra "stretchy" tank top in our back pack, so I took off my shirt and put hers on! Yes, hers! I looked like a hoochie, for sure! Now I know how they do it...just wear their 3 year old's clothes! Sara preceded to say that she felt better and wanted to go into the store...sorry Sara, that's not happening! I told Jeannie, just get in the car, but don't look at me after they were done shopping! ;) Poor baby, she threw up 4 times. Not the best way to start a vacation. Em also had a pretty bad cold, so was coughing relentlessly all day, and all night. Better luck tomorrow, I hope...
3 comments:
Where is the picture ;)
Sorry they are so sick. But I do have to say the story made us laugh and Rick run from the snake.
xoxo US
Sorry the girls are sick, but sounds like you are still having fun!
What, no tank top pictures of you??
funny Karri! ;)
Post a Comment